What does View ‣ Sort Items ‣ By Face Type actually do?

Thomas sdktda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 12:26:46 GMT 2024

Hi,

I notice that the face view has a sort option called "By Face Type".
Accessed via: View ‣ Sort Items ‣ By Face Type.

How does this actually work?

I have tried finding an explanation in the docs but have not been able
to find it.

Here is what I would expect: I would expect a sort by face type to sort
such that the faces that appear more similar would be close to each
other. I would imagine this sort option would be useful to identify if I
have accidentially tagged the wrong person as the person I am currently
viewing.  I would expect an incorrect person to be much dissimilar to
the rest of the faces and thus be located towards either the top or
bottom of the sort. However, this does not seem to be the case.

So how does it actually work?

Is there a way to sort by (or even just show) the conficence/specificity
score indicating how good each particular face matches the tagged person?

--

Mvh
Thomas