Ghost images in the database

Milind Joshi mmjoshi at iitbombay.org
Sat Mar 9 12:19:44 GMT 2024

I had a crash on my laptop when digiKam was running. I guess it messed
up my database. Rather than spending huge amount of time on cleaning up
the database, I just deleted my collections and did the database
maintenance. Afterwords, I added the collections back. On the face of it
things seem to be working. Unless I find something missing in the
future! However, I noticed one thing immediately. I had set up a search
to find Pentax  Raw files which do not have any tags assigned. When I
run that search something strange happens. I see 268 images with no
thumbs, no file details, no metadata!! If I try to delete them by moving
them to trash nothing happens. How do I get rid of these ghost files?

I have uploaded a screenshot of the search results at
https://efss.qloud.my/index.php/s/fTi4ynoLJpQePzC.

A strange problem indeed. Hopefully, there are no more surprises in the
future.

mj