digiKam lost collections after sleep/wakeup of PC

Art Zemon art at zemon.name
Wed Jan 31 15:36:30 GMT 2024

Andrej,

I have a similar situation. I run digiKam + MariaDB on a Linux laptop. I
found that I could suspend/resume if the laptop was not suspended too long,
otherwise, digiKam stopped working. It turned out that the actual problem
was MariaDB, not digiKam. I think that when MariaDB fails to write to the
disk for too long, it assumes that there is a serious problem and it stops
running.

The solution was to add a couple of scripts to my laptop. When the laptop
begins to suspend, it shuts down MariaDB. When it resumes, it starts
MariaDB.

I do not keep digiKam running when I am not using it, especially through
suspend/resume cycles. I do not know how digiKam will behave when the
MariaDB server restarts.

    -- Art Z.

--
My blog: CheerfulCurmudgeon.com
*In a place where there are no humans, strive to be human. [Pirkei Avot