some imported Tags aren't showing up in Tags tab?

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 17:41:56 GMT 2024

In current digiKam versions, you have to set the digiKam metadata setting for
"Sidecar file name compatible with commercial programs" according to the
sidecar you use.

Activated means: BASENAME.xmp
Disabled means: BASENAME.EXT.xmp

Another cause can be the setting for tags in the advanced metadata settings.
This is a kind of search list that is processed from top to bottom; the first
time tags are found, the metadata entry is used. However, if your tags are in
another metadata tag that is more current, you have to move this entry to the
top. Or you activate the “all tags metadata” option.

Maik