Auto-tags usability

Marc Palaus marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 8 23:41:33 GMT 2024

Hi. I started trying the auto-tags feature that was developed during the last google summer of code, and the first thing I noticed is how hard it was to find. I believe that currently the only way to trigger the auto-tags process is via the Tools/Maintenance dialog.

Are there plans to make that feature more visible? For instance, to tag faces, I usually have it set that faces are scanned after new files have been found, and for older pictures, I usually right click-¨Scan for faces¨. I believe that auto-tags can be a killer feature, so making it more prominent in the interface would make it more convenient.

Marc