Thumbnails and removable storage

Matt & Lek st11x at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 01:23:44 GMT 2024

I tested this further and it looks like it is not regenerating the
thumbnails (the modified dates in the DB didn't change). However, the
thumbnails themselves are slow to load from the database.
Once loaded they work all the time until you unplug or quit digiKam and
come back.

Maybe because the thumbnails are heavily compressed? I'm using XnViewMP at
the same time and it too has a SqliteDB containing thumbnails and it is
always speedy once the thumbnail is generated.

I might try to migrate the database to MySQL and see if that improves it.

Thanks
  Matt