Maintenance function on a folder to read or write image data is endless for 10 photos

herve.lebrouster at orange.fr herve.lebrouster at orange.fr
Sun Feb 25 12:32:40 GMT 2024

Hello

I use digikam 8.2

Having recovered a large number of photos (20,000) of picassa with faces, I
wanted to read the image data on an album and its tree structure and write
the metadata in the image, after 48 hours of processing. I stopped

When I use the maintenance function on a folder by selecting that the
function read image data (or write metadata to the image) for 10 photos the
processing is very long, I stop it after 10 minutes

If I go to the folder and select all 10 photos, reading the image data or
writing the image data takes 15 seconds for 10 photos.

Thanks for your help

Hervé