Find originals in Simarity?

James White James at whitehousenorth.com
Wed Feb 14 14:45:10 GMT 2024

Selecting "Older or Larger" as Reference Image Selection Method seems wrong; it tells me that the duplicate created in 2024 is as likely to be chosen as the original created in 2002.  Am I misunderstanding?

I am reading it as "If the newer version created by some past copy action is larger, choose it over the original, maybe, maybe not".  This seems exactly the opposite of the desired outcome.  I don't know if it will choose the older, or the larger.

I liken it to "Choose Blue or not Blue".  Not really helpful as you have no idea which it will select.

Is there not a way to simply select the oldest?

I have asked on the dev list, asked if I can add that option, but the list seems unused?
--
James White
james at whitehousenorth.com<mailto:james at whitehousenorth.com>