Face Tag Correction

Tom Cunningham TWCunningham627 at outlook.com
Wed Apr 24 00:10:48 BST 2024

I have always tagged people with face tags if they appear in a photo, even if it's the back of their head (!) or is otherwise recognizable. I realize now that I could use a normal tag for the name to indicate the person is in the picture without drawing a rectangle around whatever represents the person in the photo, only drawing rectangles around clearly recognizable faces. By doing that, I'm assuming digiKam could then do reasonably accurate face recognition. I was wondering if digiKam could scan through all face tags and, possibly based on some parameter, judge whether the object is actually a face or something else; if it is a recognizable face, leave it alone, otherwise change the face tag to a normal tag with the person's name as the tag value. Is that even possible?