open with

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 17:46:29 BST 2024

Hi Frederic,

Yes, we already include so-called *.desktop files from some well-known
programs. This format comes from the Linux world. If the corresponding
programs are found under Windows, they will be displayed in the "Open With..."
menu. Which DXO version do you have installed? We have created a corresponding
file for the current DXO-7.
You can add some yourself manually by creating a *.desktop file in the
directory:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\applications\

The *.desktop file should be created in Unix text format. As an example, the
dxo7.desktop file. If you have created a working one, you can also send it to
me and we will add it to the installer.

dxo7.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=DxO Photolab 7
Name[fr]=DxO Photolab 7
Exec="%ProgramFiles%/DxO/DxO PhotoLab 7/DxO.PhotoLab.exe" %f
Icon="%ProgramFiles%/DxO/DxO PhotoLab 7/DxO.PhotoLab.exe"
MimeType=image/jpg;image/raw

Maik