Connecting to Google Drive

Steve Vaughan stevejvaughan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 17:32:56 BST 2024

Hi there -

I recently had a hard drive failure, and needed to re-install Linux and
restore all my files.

Restoration of Digikam worked well, it accesses my existing database and
I could carry on as before. Great.

Until it came time to upload some photos to Google Drive. I was taken
through the procedure of re-authentication with Google.

That's not working.

I'm using Digikam v7.5.0 on Linux Mint. I use Firefox as Web browser.

I select Tools->Export to Google Drive

Firefox launches automatically and I get to choose my required Google
account.

Then I get the "Digikam wants to access your Google Account" screen and
I click "Allow"

Then Firefox is redirected to a URL like this :
http://127.0.0.1:8000/?state=07ad2189a2294363bd63e87ed0531003&code=4/0AeaYSHBK6qozU6sicyg2TfbJ9Z1jVD3R6Lg
etc etc etc

and that's as far as we get. It hangs there.

Has google changed the way it authenticates?

Regards

Steve Vaughan