Title vs description in metadata

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 26 05:59:50 BST 2023

On lundi 25 septembre 2023 20:11:38 CEST Henrik Hemrin wrote:
> There are two fields under Description in the right sidebar; Title and
> Captions.
>
> I have traditionally only used Captions. This is the field that was
> populated when I migrated from Photoshop Elements Album software earlier
> and I have continued that way.
>
> How do you use Title and Captions fields respectively? Why?
>
> Best regards
> Henrik Hemrin
I use "title" as a very *short* (a few words) description of the image,
"caption" for a longer description with more details.
E.g. "title" would get the name of an insect species (common name if
available, official if not), "caption" would have full name (common+
scientific), location and date, and other relevant details (host plant, life
stage, ...).

Then, in an overview, the title would be with the image, and the caption would
be visible on hover or when the image is shown full size.