Is the plugin "User Shell Script" working ?

Filipe Miguel Veloza filipe.veloza at ist.utl.pt
Tue Sep 19 21:59:53 BST 2023

Hi all,

first congratulation for a great piece os software digikam is AWESOME
!!

Now I was trying to start using scripts to improve the management of my
photos and albums, but only found the Batch "User Shell Script".

When trying to use it, I started with the example as per documentation
( without the copy action ) :

But the script never gets the $INPUT & $OUTPUT filled or replaced
correctly :
digikam.general: Action Thread run 1 new jobs
digikam.general: Tool : index= 1 :: name= "UserScript" :: group=
Digikam::BatchTool::CustomTool :: wurl=
QUrl("file:///****/2011/2011****")
digikam.general: path: "/****/2011/2011****/BatchTool-uoeoIR-
7990d0a5.digikamtempfile.JPG"
digikam.general: Tool: "User Shell Script"
digikam.general: Input url:
QUrl("file:///****/2011/2011****/DSC_0147.JPG")
digikam.general: Output url:
QUrl("file:///****/2011/2011****/BatchTool-uoeoIR-
7990d0a5.digikamtempfile.JPG")
digikam.dplugin.bqm: Script stdout "INPUT FILE: \nOUTPUT FILE: \nTITLE:
******\nCOMMENT: Date : 2011 & Location : ******\nCOLORLABEL:
0\nPICKLABEL: 0\nRATING: -1\nTAGSPATH: Portofolio/Abstract/****\n"
digikam.dplugin.bqm: Script stderr ""
digikam.dplugin.bqm: Script exit code: 0
digikam.general: One job is done

It is as if the plugin replaces the string "$INPUT" with nothing ( not
even blank space ).

Any ideas ?

Thank you
Filipe Veloza