Digikam not working properly (on Fedora 38 GNOME)

Jethro Busby jethrobusby at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 17:21:20 GMT 2023

Hi all,
I used to use Digikam with Windows, and everything worked fine. Now, the
same PC has been dual-booted, with Fedora Linux 38 (GNOME edition). Digikam
isn't working very well.
(I installed Digikam from the default *Software* app store.)
Firstly, not all the folders are showing up. I keep my photos in
MASTER<YEAR<YEAR-MONTH-DAY folders, and only the first few months of 2023
are showing in the albums view. I have the same files and folder structure
in Fedora, and I pointed Digikam to the original database files (in the
same place in the folder structure).
[image: image.png]

Secondly, Digikam isn't working properly. For example, when I go to
Settings<Configure digikam, I get this <https://youtu.be/oqM616VFr30> weird
behaviour when I click *confirm* or *cancel*. (That's a video taken by an
actual camera; screenshots gave me this):
[image: Screenshot from 2023-10-29 17-33-23.png]
Digikam is just acting really odd.

What should I do?

--
*Jethro busby*