After upgrade cannot open external drive

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 15:45:19 BST 2023

> I ended up deleting Digikam and re-installing and building the database from
> scratch.

 This was unnecessary, you could have simply used the update function in the
digiKam collection settings. From digiKam-8.2.0 we also use a collection UUID
in a file, then the problem should no longer occur under macOS. According to
previous analysis, Apple seems to change the partition UUID with a major
update. That's why digiKam can no longer find the collection.

Maik