Opening the import window to my iPhone now generates edited photos?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 12:22:16 BST 2023

Maik Qualmann wrote:

> It doesn't have to be an edited version, you can check this in the digiKam
> History tab. If the import detects that the file name already exists in the
> album, the file will be renamed with the _vx appendix.

No, nowadays these are all new photos made after the last connection to the
phone, and they have names of the form IMG_E0000.JPG .

As I said, those "E" files do not actually exist on the phone as far as I can
tell via an ifuse mount of the DCIM directory, but when I import them they are
indeed different. The difference resembles what you get with Apple's auto-
enhancing function but it's also possible that an ICC/ICM profile has been
applied.

I'll just be importing from the mounted DCIM directory for the time being though
I have the impression that doesn't work as well.

BTW, is there a way to let digiKam preserve the dates on the image files so they
sort in order of being taken? Doing that post-hoc with an external utility seems
unnecessary AND it won't work for videos.

R.