DigiKam crashes after startup assistant

Dominik Austen Dominik.austen at web.de
Mon May 15 10:37:03 BST 2023

Hi all,

I just installed DigiKam, but it does not start properly on my Mac.
I am able to go through the startup assistent without any issues. But when I click on “Finish” on the “Scan your Collection” page, the window disappears and nothing happens. When I click on the icon in the Dock, it says: “Application Not Responding”. After forced quitting and restarting, the application is instantly not responsive without showing any window.

The symptoms are somewhat identical to the last comment in Bug 463536 on the KDE Bugtracking System, which did not get any further answers.

Specifications:
Processor: Intel
OS: MacOS 12.6.5 (Monterey)
DigiKam-Version: 8.0.0 (same problem occurs with 7.10)

I attached the terminal output.

Dominik