[digiKam-users] Captions do not appear in Caption Pane

Alan H webaccounts at live.com
Wed Mar 22 19:27:53 GMT 2023

Greetings,
I posted this a few months ago while using V7.6 (Windows 10). With no update on the post I installed V7.10 hoping for a fix but the problem still exists. While using 7.6 captions appeared (and were created and edited) in the Caption Pane until one day I opened digiKam and they simply didn't. Starting with 7.10 they also do not appear but tags and titles do appear in their panes. Captions (and tags and titles) appear when hovering over thumbnails. "Rereading metadata from file" does not restore the captions so that they appear in their pane. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

P.S. Captions do appear in the info sidebars/panes for ON1 2020, PL5, Fast Raw Viewer and exiftool listings.