[digiKam-users] Copy file path and name to clipboard from thumbs view

Frédéric Da Vitoria davito9w at free.fr
Tue Mar 7 10:42:29 GMT 2023

Gilles,

I guess you did not understand what I wrote. I'll try to rephrase it. DK
does not behave as you expecte because in Windows the software which
copies to the clipboard must choose between file or text format. DK
chooses file format, so that you can paste in Windows Explorer and other
file managers, which is fine IMO. Unfortunately, the price to pay is
that it does not work in most text editors. If you read my previous
post, you'll see that DK's behaviour is the same as Windows Explorer's:
when you copy from DK, you can paste in a file manager but not in a text
editor, just as like when you copy from Windows Explorer (or the other
file manager I checked).

--
Frédéric Da Vitoria