[digiKam-users] Security ?

Henrik Hemrin hehemrin at hemrin.com
Thu Mar 2 13:34:26 GMT 2023

I agree. Although it's somewhat odd to mail out the password every month
by e-mail, I cannot see any direct issue. As long as the user use a
unique, good and random password. The account is only used for my KDE
mailing lists, settings for them and unsubscribe. Maybe it is somewhat
more problem if also the users with admin-access get those e-mails as
well, as the admin have access to list of all subscribers. So I beleive
it may be somewhat odd by KDE (or the sw behind the list), I cannot see
it can cause much harm even if someone get access to the e-mail content.

Best rrgards

Henrik