bookworm killed digikam import

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Jun 27 22:28:30 BST 2023

On 6/27/23 16:50, Maik Qualmann wrote:
> Menu-> Settings-> Configure digiKam
>
> https://docs.digikam.org/en/setup_application/collections_settings.html
>
> Make a backup of your digiKam4.db for safety (/home/gene/Pictures/digikam4.db)
>
> Maik
>
> Am Dienstag, 27. Juni 2023, 22:42:20 CEST schrieb gene heskett:
>> On 6/27/23 15:49, Maik Qualmann wrote:
>>> The problem is clear, the partition UUID has changed, so digiKam can no
>>> longer find your collection. The solution is simple.
>>> Go to the digiKam setup under Collections. Use the "Update" tool button
>>> (round circle icons). Choose the correct base path of your collection or
>>> accept the default if it is correct. The new partitions UUID will be
>>> automatically updated in the DB and your collection will be available
>>> again.
And browsing speed is obviously improved a lot, but I have several
megabytes of cannot errors with the squawk in the konsole log
complaining about cuda, so I load up synaptic, search for cuda and get
at least 100 hits, none of which are installed, so which do I need?.
Also the download still didn't work. But we're finally in the right
rabbit hole I think, thank you.

>> I can't find a "collections" in any of the menu's, take me by the hand
>> please.
>>
>>> For digiKam-8.1.0 I added an information dialog in the import tool in case
>>> the collection is not available for digiKam.
>>>
>>> Maik
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Cheers, Gene Heskett.
>

> .