General Performance Issues Viewing Large Pictures

Thomas D sdktda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 22:00:56 BST 2023

With raw photos and panoramic photos it is not unusual with each photo
being between 20-50MB each.
1GB is only 20 photos of 50 MB.

I would really like at least an option to specify cache size manually to
either a specific size or as a percentage of physical ram.

Would it be problematic to add such option?

I have a 16GB MacBook also in which I would very much like more than 1GB on
as well. Because when I do serious photo stuff I don’t do much else. So I
would like to utilize my resources.

The penalty of not having an image in cache often involves fetching it over
the network on a SAN.