Questions - for DigiKam

jason bechtel bechtel.jason1990 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 22:21:15 BST 2023

Hello Digikam,

I love the work you guys have done! You have really done a great job!

I wanted to give some feedback and also ask about improvements

- Look & Feel - Are there any plans or work on the look and layout of
Digikam? it has improved greatly over the years, I was hoping that could
continue. I have some examples here.
https://lesspain.software/kyno/
They have a great layout and look and feel. it feels good to use. Also,
Adobe has a great layout.
I am mentioning this because I want other people to not feel confused when
using Digikam, and i am not saying it is but I just want to improve more.

- database setup - is there any easier way to set up the database on a
server/NAS? I am still struggling with this part. I am not the most
tech-savvy guy here.

- Transcriptions -
I know Digikam has and is improving on the ai stuff and it would be so
amazing to include video/audio transcriptions to Digikam also! there is a
great solution for this I wanted to share with you all.
https://github.com/openai/whisper
This could run on the local device. this is to make it all audio/video with
audio, searchable via keywords.

Also, have you looked at https://axle.ai/ ?
They have a lot of great features to inspire you with!

Thank you for your time!