is there any hope for a solution to my problem?

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Jul 26 20:39:00 BST 2023

On 7/26/23 14:39, Maik Qualmann wrote:
> If digiKam says "Collection not available" then the path or the partitions
> UUID stored in the database could not be found via Solid API. For example, a
> removable media or network collection is not mounted. For a local collection,
> changes to the file system may have changed the UUID. Then the corresponding
> collection simply has to be updated in the digiKam settings of the collection.

What is there to update Maik?, it see's all the 8000+ images on that
raid10 now.  That raid10 is mounted at bootup in fstab on top of the
nearly empty /home partition of the install disk by the UUID of that
partition on the raid, which actually has 3 partitions on it as I made a
1.8T first partition, a 100Gb swap. leaves about 90g left as the 3rd
partition which is not used.  Tell me exactly what to do, click by
click. And I'll do it.  I think I did do it to one subdir I've been
using as a tmp, no effect if I did it right. Or should I have done it tp
Pictures, the root of all that, or a separate dir called Photos?

Current version is the AppImage 8.2.0 from the July 24th build.

> But I've written this to gene heskett before. Unfortunately, he doesn't
> respond to my suggestions and keeps starting from the beginning that he can't
> download any images.
>
> Maik
>
> Am Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2023, 18:35:21 CEST schrieb Remco Viƫtor:
>> On mercredi 26 juillet 2023 17:42:55 CEST gene heskett wrote:
>>> Please at least look at the denial message .png attched to my last post,
>>> it can't write to raid10 storage I own lock stock and barrel.  Or that
>>> message lies.
>>
>> That message says "Collection not available". A bit strange, as it does show
>> up in the target selection, but you are sure the relevant file system is
>> mounted at the normal mount point?
>>
>> And you do have *write* access to the locations involved? (Owning the
>> storage doesn't mean you have write access to all locations, but you should
>> be able to change that).
>

> .

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)