Notes: to integrate this bundle to your desktop, use AppImageLauncher.

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun Jul 16 23:46:40 BST 2023

On 7/16/23 14:15, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For Ubuntu, instruction are there :
>
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/1349951/how-do-i-install-appimagelauncher-in-ubuntu-21-04

But this is bookworm, and the problem is present for any application
that wants to open a file requestor, something that should take 2ms to
do, is now taking minutes, during which time one tends to od on coffee
because thats the only thing to do while you wait.. And this
appimagelauncher does not seem to be available in the debian repo's.

And its a common problem here, affecting all my bananapi-m5's running
armbian-jammy in arm8 (64 bit) flavor.

In all probably, not related to this when the cause is actually found,
but I'm grasping at straws here.

> Best
>
> Gilles Caulier
>
> Le dim. 16 juil. 2023 à 19:20, gene heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> a écrit :
>>
>> Where/what in tarnation is this? I normally chmod -x the appimage, and
>> softlink it to ~/AppImages/digiKam to launch it. AppImageLauncher can't
>> be located on my bookworm system.
>>
>> No Cheers, Gene Heskett.
>> --
>> "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
>>    soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
>> -Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
>> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
>>    - Louis D. Brandeis
>> Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/>
> .

Cheers, Gene Heskett.