I made a mistake this morning

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun Jul 16 18:13:45 BST 2023

And now digiKam no longer has write perms to anyplace on my system,
claiming an album I created last week and can see the thumbnails of, is
not available.

This is the June 29 version of 8.1.0-beta.
Dl'd, ran 8.2.0

still can't download what I can see in the import window, highlighted as
new, getting this msg regardless of the selected target including a
newly created one:

I even picked a subdir and moved it to another newly created ~/Photos
just so it would be created and copied using bookworm rules, still
cannot download from the camera, exactly as if I don't own this whole
filesystem.

Collection which host your default target album set to process download
from camera device is not available. Please select another one from
camera configuration dialog.

This is meaningless to me without the specifics. Full paths from / please.

Whats going on?????

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
  - Louis D. Brandeis