Alias name tags

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 8 09:32:30 BST 2023

On samedi 8 juillet 2023 07:17:55 CEST jdd at dodin.org wrote:
> Le 08/07/2023 à 01:58, Jim Cunning a écrit :
> > In Digikam what is the best way to handle name tags for a person known
> > by more than one name, say a woman with her maiden/family name who later
> > marries and takes her husband's family name?
> >
> > With a series of photographs of a particular person over time, tagging
> > with a birth family name would be inaccurate for some later photos,
> > while using a married name inaccurate for the earlier ones.
>
> In France, only the birth name is "the" name, all others are just added
> infos

Not a reason to ignore other systems... Also, even in France the name a person
uses can change, the birth name is then only used in official documents. Which
means that the photographer might not even *know* the birth name of certain
persons at the moment of tagging.

But one issue I see with changing names over time is that you can have some
difficulties finding all images for a given person.

Remco