Warning message when trying to install v. 8.0.0

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 08:14:53 BST 2023

Hi,

As usual, Windows now considers all applications not signed as malicious.
digiKam is not signed and not registered in the store, because we need to
pay and to use the Microsoft compiler for that. The official digiKam is
fully cross compiled under Linux and we don't have money to give to this
company. We work for open source. We don't use Windows here to compile the
code.

There is a version compiled with Microsoft compiler and signed in the KDE
infrastructure, but it's not official and not all features are available :

https://binary-factory.kde.org/view/Windows%2064-bit/job/Digikam_Nightly_win64/

Best

Gilles Caulier