[digiKam-users] Wastebin - how to empty?

Thomas sdktda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 09:30:20 GMT 2023

On 2023-01-30 07:44, Gilles Caulier wrote:

    Such hints greatly improves the user experience and discoverability
    of the application.

Implemented in 7.x and 8.x

Hmm... I don't see this on my 7.9 DK on Windows. When I hover the three
buttons in Trash no tooltip is shown. I have tried hovering for 10
seconds. When I hover the buttons in the upper toolbar, like the "Full
screen" button, the tooltip is shown after 2 seconds.

So if this has been implemented in 7.9 it seems it is not working
correctly - not on my machine at least. Is anyone else seeing the same
behavior?

>     This is a quick fix. I still hope you will consider my original
>     proposal for improvement.
>

> Please report a new file in bugzilla. It's a junior job for students.

I will try and report this. However, I do not have good experience with
reporting bugs for DK on bugs.kde.org. Especially not if it is whishlist
bugs. It seems even fairly trivial changes that would provide a
significant improvement of the user experience is not prioritized.

I know there is a voting system, however, for stuff that affects many
technical users they will never see the wish/bug report because such non
technical users will never bother creating a profile on bugs.kde.org.

--
Mvh
Thomas