[digiKam-users] renaming photos

Sebastian Beer sebastian.beer66 at icloud.com
Thu Jan 26 09:36:04 GMT 2023

I would not expect any problems. However, you will need to do a refresh in DigiKam after you have renamed the files externally.Why not test it on one folder first?Sebastian BeerOn Jan 26, 2023, at 10:33 AM, Mick Sulley <mick at sulley.info> wrote:I can't give you a definitive answer but I have used GPRename on Mint with DK7.9 without any problems, so I would think you should be OK with exiftool as well.If you are worried you could take a backup first.MickOn 25/01/2023 23:10, Monika Kern wrote:Hello,I want to rename a lot of my photos and want to do it with exiftool.Is that a problem with digikam or will it make a mess in the database?(linux mint 20.3 and digikam 7.9.0)Kind regardsMonika