[digiKam-users] digiKam is now on Mastodon

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Wed Jan 11 15:40:29 GMT 2023

On Wed, 11 Jan 2023 16:24:41 +0100
Thomas <sdktda at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Thomas,

> I tried to join but was put on a waitlist.

To expand on what Dmitri said;

Most, if not all, instances (as servers are known) within the fediverse
are run by people in their spare time.  Their resources are finite, with
many operators making the decision to limit numbers to manageable levels.

Whenever possible, it's nice to bung a few quid (dollars, yen, euros,
whatever) to the server admin to contribute to running costs.  There's
usually a link somewhere in the instance's own page.

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"