[digiKam-users] Captions disappeared

Alan H webaccounts at live.com
Wed Jan 11 02:43:44 GMT 2023

Greetings
For the last week (indeed months) or so I have been entering captions for a collection of photos (digitized slides). Today, after entering the same caption for a selection of photos, I pressed the Apply button and the caption text disappeared immediately from the Description tab>Captions pane located in the Captions tab in the right margin. The captions for every photo I worked on in the past week (possibly my whole collection) also do not appear in that pane. If I hover over a photo the caption text appears in the pop-up window. The captions also appear in the metadata for a photo's jpeg and xmp files (viewed using exiftool). "Reread metadata from file" does not bring back the captions to the above pane/window. Is there a fix for this? Many thanks. Alan (Windows 10, DK 7.6.0)