[digiKam-users] Collection on Network Share

Andrew Cohen andrew.c.cohen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 12:50:47 GMT 2023

Dear Digikam experts,

I have Digikam installed on two machines that are on the same network, and
am experiencing some strange behavior with my collection of images becoming
"unavailable."

On the mac mini I'm using as a server, Digikam is set up to store its
database there with MariaDB and the image collection is Local. I have it at:

/Users/andrew/Pictures/DK-Test

Now, when I fire up digikam on a laptop on the same network, it accesses
its database just fine. All the thumbnails and tags come up beautifully.
But, if I close digikam and reopen it, I get an error message message
saying that the relative path above isn't available on my system. If I set
the laptop to find the collection on the network share, it goes to this

/Volumes/andrew/Pictures/DK-Test

and then when it does, I can access it on the laptop but now I get the
"unavailable" message from Digikam on the server!

What should I do?

Best,

Andrew