[digiKam-users] Thumbnails get generated all the time

Milind Joshi mmjoshi at iitbombay.org
Fri Feb 17 11:57:59 GMT 2023

I have noticed a strange digiKam behavior. Even if I add just a single
image to the album the thumbnails get generated for all the images all
over again! That takes quite some time and sometimes I have to pause the
operation by hibernating the laptop. Have not noticed whether the
operation completes next time when I come out of hibernation. Is this a
normal behavior? Is there any harm if the thumbnail generation gets
interrupted?

Windows 11. digiKam 7.9.0

mj