Quantity album collections

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Fri Dec 29 11:44:44 GMT 2023

[see inline comments]

Þann 29.12.2023 10:23, skrifaði frederic chaume:
> Hi Andrew
>
> thanks for your feedback
> no issue in having one collection with 100K+ pictures  in it ?

Never had any speed issues, some maintenance tools take time to finish.
One big +150k collection plus several smaller ones.

> For the "migration" I guess I just have to delete all exiting
> collections and then creating a new one based on the parent directory ?

Do you write metadata to image files? If not, i think some metadata like
tags and ratings will not be attached to the files if you start from
scratch. Maybe it's then better to create the new collections and move
the image files inside Digikam?

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli