bookworm killed digikam import

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun Aug 20 15:24:53 BST 2023

On 6/25/23 04:28, Maik Qualmann wrote:
> Create a debug log of the terminal output when trying to download images from
> the camera. Don't forget to set the Qt debug variable, see here:
>
> https://www.digikam.org/contribute/
>
> Maik

I dunno what the heck is going on, but I cannot redirect what I see
echo'd to the terminal in a file generated with:

digiKam 2>&1 >/tmp/digikam.log.

I get 100k of output to the screen, and 10 lines to the log.  Has debian
managed to break bash? Further digging into this rabbit hole, my fav
terminal is Konsole and is apparently, definitely /NOT/ bash. Lemme go
bang on the debian list to see how such redirection might be done in
Konsole. It also appears to ignore a ulimit=unlimited setting.
scrollback ends long before I get back to the command line. And now I'm
DIW for several hours, camera battery is dead.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
  - Louis D. Brandeis