[digiKam-users] Get tags added onto photo

Henrik Hemrin hehemrin at hemrin.com
Sun Sep 25 18:01:19 BST 2022

Hello,

I have one answer. If anyone else has Lightroom Classic (LrC), they can read your files with face tags. Now I’m not sure how LrC reads, but when I have metadata saved both to files (when applicable) and also to xmp sidecar (commercial sidecar). I am not sure if for eg jpg, if LrC use the info in the jpg-file or always read xmp-sidecar. This means they can also work further on the photos, adding more faces etc. Of course, be aware if there is metadata you do not want to share in the files. I have tested with LrC myself, that is the only sw I know works but other I have not tested may also work. Photoshop Elements does not work (unless the very latest version has a big change in this respect.

Another thought, if you have the photo visible on your screen with face tags visible, you can take a screen shot of it and share. And possibly also add the photo as normal photo file for the photo quality.

That’s my knowledge and thoughts.

Best regards
Henrik