[digiKam-users] Huge font size on high resolution display (Windows 10)

Will Ramey wramey at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 03:54:06 BST 2022

Apologies if this question has already been addressed elsewhere. I've done
my best to explore the list archives and search online but failed to find
any mention of this particular problem.

I recently migrated our >150K item collection from Picasa to DigiKam and
now have DigiKam running on two Windows 10 laptops using a MariaDB server
and shared storage on my NAS.
So far this part is working great.

On one laptop, which has a built-in display running at 1366x768 and an
external display running at 1920x1080, the DigiKam UI looks great and the
text is the same size as all the other apps.

But on the other laptop, the font size for DigiKam UI text is so big it's
effectively unusable.
The laptop has a built-in display running at 3840x2400 and two external
displays running at 1900x1200, and the text size is way too big on all of
them.
I've figured out how to change the font size for the Thumbnails view as
well as the Albums Tree and Tags Tree views via Settings -> ... but that
leaves all of the menus, toolbars along the top+sides, status bar along the
bottom, dialogs, etc. still way too big.
When I drag other applications (e.g. OBS, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Slack,
etc.) between the built-in display and one of the external displays they do
some kind of window/font/layout re-sizing that momentarily shows the app
way too big (or way too small) before it fixes itself.

All 5 displays are using the default/recommended resolutions.  I've
attached a screenshot below, in case it's useful...

Is there, perhaps, some way of changing the font size(s) for all text in
DigiKam on Windows?

Thanks,
Will.

[image: image.png]