[digiKam-users] digiKam crashes as the delete confirmation window pops

Sepp A sepp4991 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 13:46:36 BST 2022

Thank you for the quick response. For what it’s worth, this bug can be
avoided by selecting only one duplicate image at a time when trying to
manually delete the duplicates.

Since you mentioned the bug is yet unknown, I’d like to help by providing a
backtrace (the DebugView tool didn’t provide any useful info), which
according to this <https://www.digikam.org/contribute/> requires
re-installing digiKam with the binary installers including the -debug
suffix in the file name. To do so, and also to install the latest version
and test it, what should I do to not lose any user data?

Running digiKam v7.7.0 on Windows 10.