[digiKam-users] Migrating from Shotwell to digicam

PutYour LitterHere putyourlitterhere at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 12 23:05:52 BST 2022

Hi, i would like to migrate my personal photo library ( ~ 30000 images and videos) from shotwell to digikam.
I have organized the photos in folders on the file system but often I created so called 'events' in shotwell. With events in shotwell you can collect images from different folders to one event while the files reside in their origin location in the file system.

What would be the best equivalent or option to migrate these events to digikam?
Tags would be one option but I also used tags in shotwell that I also would like to migrate. I'm concerned that tags would then mix up with 'event tags'.

Appreciate your ideas!