[digiKam-users] Very long processing to process 200 photos

herve.lebrouster at orange.fr herve.lebrouster at orange.fr
Sun Oct 16 14:23:25 BST 2022

Hello,

I have 3 collections that contain 90,000 photos and a collection that I have
just added with 200 photos, I was told that I had to use the maintenance
function on the file concerned. What I do

I launch the "DiGIKAm Maintenance" with the options

- Albums: on 5 albums of the collection containing 200 images

- Work on all cores (if possible)

- Synchronize metadata and database: From image metadata to database

It's been running for 48 hours and I'm still at 17%

With version 7.7 it was long but it becomes endless to process the data of
200 photos.

Isn't there a faster method because it's really a pain, it looks like it's
working on all the photos

Thank you for your help

Cordially

Herve Le Brouster