[digiKam-users] Versioning question

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 07:04:11 BST 2022

Hi Dmitri,

The help button on the right side of settings view show context documentation :

https://i.imgur.com/GnCKEBt.png

The rules relevant of this settings is here :

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/blob/master/core/libs/versionmanager/versionmanager.cpp#L308

Typically, the whole filter actions are registered in history and are
parsed. We check the kind of type for each action.

If the filter action can be reproduced in digiKam image editor all is
fine else the version will store an intermediate version of the image
in storage.

When a filter action cannot be reproducible : for example, if a filter
in the image editor has become obsolete (removed) and has been used to
edit an image.

best

Gilles