[digiKam-users] Best distro for staying up to date with digikam?

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Wed Oct 5 00:51:36 BST 2022

On Wed, 5 Oct 2022 10:00:25 +1100
Andrew Lorien <andrew at andrewswebsite.net> wrote:

> I'm building a new computer, mostly for media management.  The
> Ubuntu stable repo has a very old version of digikam, and the PPA I
> was using became unreliable.  I spent a couple of years using the
> AppImage but the upgrade to the jpeg tagger broke six months ago.
> Next step is just to compile from source.
>
> So my question:  What distro are you using, and how do you keep
> Digikam up to date?

There is:

* opensuse tumbleweed: almost always current (within a few days)
* opensuse leap 15.4: through software.opensuse.org
* debian 11 bullseye: through software.opensuse.org (my distro)

and

https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics:/
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics/

which provides darktable on multiple distributions.

--
sknahT

vyS