[digiKam-users] preview pane closes spontaneously

Tyler Smith tyler at plantarum.ca
Tue Oct 4 20:19:36 BST 2022

Hi,

When I'm working with my images, scrolling through the thumbnails, I can open the preview pane in the lower part of the central window by double-clicking an image. Selecting a different thumbnail from the top pane causes the preview image to change, and I can edit the properties with the tabs on the right side.

However, the preview pane closes on its own. I can close it deliberately by clicking the 'preview' button on the toolbar, but even if I don't, the preview pane periodically closes without any action on my part. Sometimes this happens when I'm not even touching the keyboard or mouse. The preview window never, or very rarely, stays open for more than 30 seconds or a minute before it closes again.

Is this normal? Any ideas how to stop this?

I'm on Ubuntu 20.04, i3 Window Manager, Digikam 7.8.0.

Thanks,

Tyler

--
plantarum.ca