[digiKam-users] Additional XMP fields

Ian McCarthy idm.kde at cronkshaw.com
Mon Nov 28 22:25:28 GMT 2022

Hi, I'm swimming a little out of my depth, and I looking for something
to hold onto.

I have inherited my friends slide collection, which consists of about
15K slides. They came in a couple of big boxes, just the slides, nothing
else, so they have no order.

What they do have is about 25 different types of slide carrier,
Agfacolour, Kodachrome, etc and some on the carriers have additional
information on them such as the date they were processed and a slide
number. Additionally some slides have hand written info on them and
maybe another number.

Currently I am capturing this in the Windows Description field, just
happens to be easy to do, and thus it ends up in both the title &
Captions fields.

I would like to improve on this

so what I would like to do is add a XMP schema (name?) which may look
like this

"Archive Information"

Original_Slide.Carrier.Type
Original_Slide.Carrier.Colour
Original_Slide.Process.Date
Original_Slide.Process.Number
Original_Slide.handwritten.comment
Original_Slide.handwritten.number

or something similar which I could attach to the jpegs of the scanned
slides.

How do I go about this.

Then maybe I can sort using this data.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree, surely someone else has been here
before me and has a solution.

--
cheers Ian Mac