[digiKam-users] Organize messy album

Phil philtuckey at free.fr
Mon May 9 14:05:11 BST 2022

In case you don't already know, you can do very flexible operations
including complete renaming and reorganisation of your image files and
directories using exiftool: https://www.exiftool.org

It can take some time to work out the right syntax to use. One reference
which has helped me when I've had to do this is:
https://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/exiftool-commands.html

There are lots of other web pages which give exiftool examples,
including the exiftool site itself.

It's probably a good idea to experiment on a copy of small selection of
your photos first. And as usual be really sure to have have really good
backups :)