[digiKam-users] Backing up digiKam dB's

WuliNuChem restivog at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:37:10 BST 2022

Hello all,

I am running digiKam 7.6 on Windows 10. I don't know a lot about databases
but I believe I have set up digikam as MYSQL Server (MariaDB).

I backup my PC using a simple app that updates only new or modified files
and folders. This morning I ran the backup software, then added some images
(captioned and tagged them) to digiKam and then ran the backup app again.
Nothing was backed up. I searched the entire PC for files modified today
and no digiKam files showed up.

Am I missing something? The file info (using Windows file explorer)
indicates that thumbnails.ibd was modified last week but was accessed
today.
The file data and the db is sync'd.

Thanks,

Gord