[digiKam-users] digiKam 7.6 appimage do not start

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 08:15:02 GMT 2022

Hi all,

After verification, there is no option around libgio* as explicit
dependency while compiling Qt5.

On the other hand, with Qt6, there are new options for extra dependencies
to support GTK, as I can see. But, that's another story...

So, I don't know exactly where this dependency has been introduced. Perhaps
with new AVIF, HEIF, and JPEGXL codecs compiled with the last stable code.
This needs more investigation.

Note : I recompile from scratch the AppImage in my VM. It's not yet
complete. I will be back when all will be ready to test.
Best

Gilles Caulier