[digiKam-users] Date of Photo Import

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Mar 18 08:12:26 GMT 2022

On vendredi 18 mars 2022 07:46:59 CET Olivier Croquette wrote:
> On 18/03/2022 07:37, Remco Viëtor wrote:
> > You can set digikam to automatically add and remove parent tags with the
> > child tags. In that case, if you set "Person1", "People" would be set as
> > well without any further action.
>
> I am not sure I want that, since my hierarchy is more complex and this
> option would have some unwanted side-effects, but out of curiosity,
> where is it? Does it work only on metadata export, or also in the
> internal database?
You select that option by right-clicking on any tag. That opens a menu,
with at the end an option "Toggle auto".
It works on the tagging itself, so you will see what tags are activated by
that option, and both the database and the metadata export will get the
selected tags.

Whether it's useful for you, I can't know. It just seemed to be something that
might be useful in your case.

Also, for me it was the best option to get the tags correctly transferred to
another program I use (without it, the hierarchy wasn't always correctly
reconstructed)

Remco