[digiKam-users] digiKam with Darktable Flatpak

Robert Baptista robert at rbcardiff.net
Mon Mar 7 07:04:56 GMT 2022

Just updated to digikam 7.6 (appimage). I use Darktable 3.8, but as a
flatpak. I was hoping to use the fixed feature of importing raw files
with darktable 3.8. I've selected darktable in the raw image settings
within digikam.

However, when I select edit image on a raw file, it opens a digikam
image editor window, with what I assume is the jpg preview, and all menu
options are greyed out, no darktable window or options. I am assuming
this is because I am using darktable as a flatpak and DK would have no
idea where/how to execute that flatpak.

Does anyone know if this assumption is correct? I cannot find much
online about this feature when using the darktable flatpak.
Is there a way to inform DK where/how to execute DT?
If I install Darktable natively (not-preferred) would I be able use this
feature or would the fact that I use DK as an appimage cause a problem?

Regards,
Robert